sâmbătă, 7 mai 2011

amor mio

amor mio



amor mio amor mio amor mio

amor mio amor mio amor mio



Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink. ~Mark Twain, Note-Book, 1935


Actually, I'm not all that interested in the subject of photography. Once the picture is in the box, I'm not all that interested in what happens next. Hunters, after all, aren't cooks. ~Henri Cartier-Bresson


The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions. The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": fighting, fleeing, feeding, and mating. ~Marvin Dunnette


My strength is made perfect in weakness. ~II Corinthians


Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? ~A.A. Milne


History is the sextant of states which, tossed by wind and current, would be lost in confusion if they could not fix their position. ~Allan Nevins, The Gateway to History


Books are lighthouses erected in the great sea of time. ~E.P. Whipple


Punctuality is the virtue of the bored. ~Evelyn Waugh


If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams. ~Terri Guillemets


There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with. ~Harry Crews


I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. Sounds more like an opera house. ~From the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961, screenplay by George Axelrod, based on the novella by Truman Capote, spoken by the character Holly Golightly


A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Baseball happens to be a game of cumulative tension but football, basketball and hockey are played with hand grenades and machine guns. ~John Leonard


When a cow laughs, does milk come out her nose? ~Author Unknown


People in distress will sometimes prefer a problem that is familiar to a solution that is not. ~Neil Postman


Columbus had all the spirit of a crusader, and, at the same time, the investigating nature of a modern man of science. ~Edmund Arthur Helps


There isn't a child who hasn't gone out into the brave new world who eventually doesn't return to the old homestead carrying a bundle of dirty clothes. ~Art Buchwald


Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all. ~Fanny Fern


Water, air, and cleanliness are the chief articles in my pharmacopoeia. ~Napoleon I


Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in. ~Alan Alda

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu