duminică, 1 mai 2011

amor caritas

amor caritas



amor caritas amor caritas amor caritas

amor caritas amor caritas amor caritas



I got rid of my teeth at a young age because I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them. ~Dana Snyder


Materialism is a circumference without a centre. Idealism is a centre without a circumference. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827


In the United States Christmas has become the rape of an idea. ~Richard Bach


The secret affinity between gambling and the desert: the intensity of gambling reinforced by the presence of the desert all around the town. The air-conditioned freshness of the gaming rooms, as against the radiant heat outside. The challenge of all the artificial lights to the violence of the sun's rays. Night of gambling sunlit on all sides; the glittering darkness of these rooms in the middle of the desert. Gambling itself is a desert form, inhuman, uncultured, initiatory, a challenge to the natural economy of value, a crazed activity on the fringes of exchange. But it too has a strict limit and stops abruptly; its boundaries are exact, its passion knows no confusion. Neither the desert nor gambling are open areas; their spaces are finite and concentric, increasing in intensity toward the interior, toward a central point, be it the spirit of gambling or the heart of the desert - a privileged, immemorial space, where things lose their shadow, where money loses its value, and where the extreme rarity of traces of what signals to us there leads men to seek the instantaneity of wealth. ~Jean Baudrillard


I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark. ~Dick Gregory


Day, like a weary pilgrim, had reached the western gate of heaven, and Evening stooped down to unloose the latchets of his sandal shoon. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Hyperion


Men like war: they do not hold much sway over birth, so they make up for it with death. Unlike women, men menstruate by shedding other people's blood. ~Lucy Ellman


You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state. ~Sharon Gannon


Medicine for the soul. ~Inscription over the door of the Library at Thebes


The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat. ~Lily Tomlin


Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic. ~Author Unknown


Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it. ~Santayana, Essays


To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. ~Barbara Bush


In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. ~Kathy Norris


All passions exaggerate; and they are passions only because they do exaggerate. ~Nicolas Chamfort


If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned. ~Saying


I didn't want my picture taken because I was going to cry. I didn't know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and I'd cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full. ~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar


How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! ~Maya Angelou


Be a rebel against gravity: Skip! ~Jessi Lane Adams


When the horse is dead, get off. ~Author Unknown

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu